Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri May 3, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 14,000 Week ago Act: 15,060 Year ago Act: 29,453
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 2.00
higher. Heifers steady to 1.00 higher. Trade moderate to active,
demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed
heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 163.00-175.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 178.00-180.00) 400-500 lbs 148.00-
160.00; 500-600 lbs 133.00-145.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
153.00-165.00; 400-500 lbs 138.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 123.00-135.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 133.00-145.00;
400-500 lbs 123.00-135.00; 500-600 lbs 113.00-125.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Livestock marketing: Beef demand holding up in the holiday season
- EPA’s proposed rule to reduce the Renewable Fuel Standard
- NCBA announces speaker lineup for 2014 convention
- Cow-calf corner: Hay feeding for winter-stressed cattle
- AVC names Sjeklocha Consultant of the Year
- KLA speakers predicting a golden age for Kansas ranchers in 2014
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- NCBA Op-Ed: EPA’s regulatory overreach
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- Changes to pipeline infrastructure to relieve Cushing bottleneck
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- New debate expected on immigrant workers in Mississippi