Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri May 10, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 12,000 Week ago Act: 12,454 Year ago Act: 24,171
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 5.00
lower. Heifers steady to 3.00 lower. Trade moderate to active,
demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed
heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 160.00-175.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 175.00-180.00) 400-500 lbs 145.00-
160.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-145.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
150.00-165.00; 400-500 lbs 135.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-135.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 132.00-145.00;
400-500 lbs 122.00-135.00; 500-600 lbs 112.00-125.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Will corn be a viable option for backgrounders this fall?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- EPA, Corps hijack Clean Water Act to expand regulatory authority
- Grazing after the growing season