Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri May 31, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 10,000 Week ago Act: 11,445 Year ago Act: 31,236
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to
3.00 lower. Heifers steady to 3.00 lower. Trade moderate to
active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of
steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 155.00-168.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 170.00-175.00) 400-500 lbs 140.00-
153.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-138.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
145.00-158.00; 400-500 lbs 130.00-143.00; 500-600 lbs 115.00-128.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 125.00-138.00;
400-500 lbs 115.00-128.00; 500-600 lbs 105.00-118.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future