Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 9,000 Week ago Act: 8,058 Year ago Act: 19,398
Compared to last week, steer calves weighing under 400 lbs
3.00 lower. Steer calves and yearlings weighing over 400 lbs
3.00-5.00 lower. Heifers 2.00-3.00 lower. Trade moderate to
active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of
steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 160.00-170.00;
(calves weighing under 300 lbs 173.00-175.00) 400-500 lbs 143.00-
155.00; 500-600 lbs 127.00-140.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs
150.00-160.00; 400-500 lbs 133.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 117.00-130.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 130.00-140.00;
400-500 lbs 120.00-130.00; 500-600 lbs 110.00-120.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Guarding against overreach of the Endangered Species Act
- Higher beef prices taking a bite out of McDonald's profits
- Jolley: Five Minutes with the Cliven Bundy fiasco
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Following the rails: USDA tracks ag exports across the border
- Certified Animal Welfare Audits for farms: The leap
- “Using farmers as educators, not mascots”
- Cattle and beef markets so far in 2014
- Saving the lesser prairie chicken: What landowners should know
- Do distillers grains work In cattle rations at today’s prices?
- Marbling and functional cows
- Cattle pot overturns in Fort Worth, killing at least a dozen head