Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 3,000 Week ago Act: 9,802 Year ago Act: 26,525
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 3.00 higher. Heifers
1.00-3.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of supply consisted
of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs. The volume of feeder
cattle were light this week, as most ports were closed all week due to
a port vet. meeting in El Paso.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 163.00-173.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 178.00-180.00) 400-500 lbs 148.00-158.00; 500-600 lbs
132.00-142.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 153.00-163.00; 400-500 lbs
138.00-148.00; 500-600 lbs 122.00-132.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 133.00-143.00;
400-500 lbs 123.00-133.00; 500-600 lbs 113.00-123.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Genomics test strategies explored
- Cow lease/share arrangements match cows to feed resources
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Dr. Jude Capper, social media maven
- Did you invite the MVP to your fall tailgating party?
- BeefTalk: Is a cow ever too ornery?
- Boehner says expiring US farm bill should get 1-month extension
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- Resource guide assists military veterans interested in farming
- NCBA Op-Ed: EPA’s regulatory overreach
- U.S. exports of distillate fuel rise 30% on global demand