Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 8,000 Week ago Act: 2,854 Year ago Act: 22,600
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 1.00-3.00 higher.
Heifers 3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 163.00-176.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 180.00-182.00) 400-500 lbs 147.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs
131.00-143.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 153.00-166.00; 400-500 lbs
137.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 121.00-133.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 136.00-146.00;
400-500 lbs 126.00-136.00; 500-600 lbs 116.00-126.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Society for Range Management annual Texas meeting set for Oct.7-9
- Blasingame Chair: Reviewing the past and looking to the future
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Beef Marketing Group created to help producers sell cattle
- Islamic State uses agriculture to tighten grip in Iraq
- Texas A&M Extension offers private pesticide applicator training