Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 9,500 Week ago Act: 8,905 Year ago Act: 17,082
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00-4.00 higher.
Heifers 1.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 167.00-180.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 182.00-185.00) 400-500 lbs 150.00-162.00; 500-600 lbs
130.00-145.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 157.00-170.00; 400-500 lbs
140.00-152.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-135.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 137.00-147.00;
400-500 lbs 127.00-137.00; 500-600 lbs 117.00-127.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- Commentary: Veggie burger vs. dog food
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector