Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 6,500 Week ago Act: 8,688 Year ago Act: 16,628
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 2.00
higher. Heifers steady to 2.00 higher. Trade moderate to active,
demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and
spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 168.00-180.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 184.00-185.00) 400-500 lbs 150.00-162.00; 500-600 lbs
130.00-146.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 158.00-170.00; 400-500 lbs
140.00-152.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-136.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 137.00-149.00;
400-500 lbs 127.00-139.00; 500-600 lbs 117.00-129.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCrucesNM-LPMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future