Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 4,500 Week ago Act: 4,889 Year ago Act: 14,866
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 4.00
higher. Heifers 1.00-3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand
moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed
heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 170.00-184.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 186.00-190.00) 400-500 lbs 154.00-168.00; 500-600 lbs
138.00-150.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 160.00-174.00; 400-500 lbs
144.00-158.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-140.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 140.00-150.00;
400-500 lbs 130.00-140.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-130.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- Meat production strains land and water resources, researchers say
- Children's livestock shows have become about competition, money
- Female markets soar during August
- It’s only natural, but what does that mean?
- Food supplement to improve cattle digestive system in the works