Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Aug 2, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 5,000 Week ago Act: 4,867 Year ago Act: 9,379
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 4.00-5.00 higher.
Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 178.00-188.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 194.00-196.00) 400-500 lbs 162.00-172.00; 500-600 lbs
146.00-156.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 168.00-178.00; 400-500 lbs
152.00-162.00; 500-600 lbs 136.00-146.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, No quote.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices set new records
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday