Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Aug 2, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 5,000 Week ago Act: 4,867 Year ago Act: 9,379
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 4.00-5.00 higher.
Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 178.00-188.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 194.00-196.00) 400-500 lbs 162.00-172.00; 500-600 lbs
146.00-156.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 168.00-178.00; 400-500 lbs
152.00-162.00; 500-600 lbs 136.00-146.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, No quote.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- New decision tool now available on ag decision maker
- Canadian beef cattle producers applaud Korea FTA
- Schwieterman: Lower corn prices support feeder cattle futures
- Monday Market Sentiment: Cash trade remains steady to lower
- AMI Opposes New OSHA Proposal to Require Electronic Submission
- Implementation of 2014 Farm Bill allows farmers time for choices
- Research shows cows aren’t crying wolf
- Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
- Global diets becoming more standardized
- Repurposing and salvage value on cattle operations
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
Top Fill Slurry Tanks