Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Aug 2, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 5,000 Week ago Act: 4,867 Year ago Act: 9,379
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 4.00-5.00 higher.
Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 178.00-188.00; (calves
weighing under 300 lbs 194.00-196.00) 400-500 lbs 162.00-172.00; 500-600 lbs
146.00-156.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 168.00-178.00; 400-500 lbs
152.00-162.00; 500-600 lbs 136.00-146.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, No quote.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Livestock marketing: Beef demand holding up in the holiday season
- EPA’s proposed rule to reduce the Renewable Fuel Standard
- NCBA announces speaker lineup for 2014 convention
- Cow-calf corner: Hay feeding for winter-stressed cattle
- AVC names Sjeklocha Consultant of the Year
- KLA speakers predicting a golden age for Kansas ranchers in 2014
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- NCBA Op-Ed: EPA’s regulatory overreach
- Changes to pipeline infrastructure to relieve Cushing bottleneck
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- New debate expected on immigrant workers in Mississippi