Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Aug 9, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 7,000 Week ago Act: 4,735 Year ago Act: 9,624
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings firm to 1.00 higher.
Heifers 5.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 174.00-188.00; Few lots
189.00 basis 300 lbs. (calves weighing under 300 lbs 194.00-195.00) 400-500
lbs 158.00-172.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-156.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 164.00-178.00; 400-500 lbs 148.00-162.00; 500-600 lbs 132.00-146.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 145.00-155.00; 400-500
lbs 135.00-145.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-135.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
Environmental Tillage Systems