Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 5,000 Week ago Act: 7,505 Year ago Act: 13,400
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings firm to 1.00 higher.
Heifers 3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 178.00-189.00; Few lots
190.00 basis 300 lbs. (calves weighing under 300 lbs 195.00) 400-500 lbs
162.00-173.00; 500-600 lbs 146.00-157.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 168.00-179.00; 400-500 lbs 152.00-163.00; 500-600 lbs 136.00-147.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 148.00-158.00; 400-500
lbs 138.00-148.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-138.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- Commentary: Veggie burger vs. dog food
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector