Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Aug 16, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 5,000 Week ago Act: 7,505 Year ago Act: 13,400
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings firm to 1.00 higher.
Heifers 3.00 higher. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 178.00-189.00; Few lots
190.00 basis 300 lbs. (calves weighing under 300 lbs 195.00) 400-500 lbs
162.00-173.00; 500-600 lbs 146.00-157.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 168.00-179.00; 400-500 lbs 152.00-163.00; 500-600 lbs 136.00-147.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 148.00-158.00; 400-500
lbs 138.00-148.00; 500-600 lbs 128.00-138.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Export market expansion through 2014 Farm Bill programs
- Exports: Corn sales set 10-week low…again
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Livestock markets lagged crop futures in early Thursday action
- EPA publishes annual greenhouse gas inventory
- Just in time for Easter: Rabbit pizza
- Defiant Nevada rancher wins ‘range war’ with feds…for now
- Jolley: The feds have been bundied
- Jolley: Five minutes with CSPI's bad science
- Northeast started 2014 by “Livin’ Lean. Lovin’ Beef”
- Minimizing the risks of fescue toxicosis in cattle
- Ukraine-Russia situation clearly supporting the crop markets