Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 4,500 Week ago Act: 5,630 Year ago Act: 7,837
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 3.00 higher. Heifers
2.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers
and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 185.00-195.00; 400-500
lbs 169.00-179.00; 500-600 lbs 153.00-163.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 175.00-185.00; 400-500 lbs 159.00-169.00; 500-600 lbs 143.00-153.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 152.00-162.00; 400-500
lbs 142.00-152.00; 500-600 lbs 132.00-142.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- THE ag parody you've been waiting for
- Marbling and functional cows
- Ten universities receive research grants to study climate change
- Meeting the cows’ nutritional needs after calving
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association ranching event
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems