Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 9,000 Week ago Act: 4,851 Year ago Act: 9,049
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings mostly steady
to 3.00 lower. Heifers steady to 2.00 lower. Trade moderate to
active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers
and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 178.00-192.00; 400-500
lbs 162.00-176.00; 500-600 lbs 146.00-160.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 168.00-182.00; 400-500 lbs 152.00-166.00; 500-600 lbs 136.00-150.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 150.00-162.00; 400-500
lbs 140.00-152.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-142.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: Jolley: Has the king of meats forfeited its crown?
- Commentary: Ag’s leading role in the international marketplace
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Proactive heifer parasite control helps long-term profitability
- Case Study: Close gaps in your vaccination program
- Commentary: The Big Fat Surprise: Part IV