Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 8,000 Week ago Act: 7,813 Year ago Act: 11,351
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00 higher. Heifers
3.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers
and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 184.00-194.00; 400-500
lbs 168.00-178.00; 500-600 lbs 152.00-162.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 174.00-184.00; 400-500 lbs 158.00-168.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-152.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 154.00-164.00; 400-500
lbs 144.00-154.00; 500-600 lbs 134.00-144.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Ohioan earns seat on National Beef Ambassador Team