Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 10,000 Week ago Act: 7,889 Year ago Act: 15,285
No comparison made, Trade active, demand good. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 184.00-197.00; 400-500
lbs 168.00-181.00; 500-600 lbs 152.00-165.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 174.00-187.00; 400-500 lbs 158.00-171.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-155.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 158.00-168.00; 400-500
lbs 148.00-158.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-148.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain