Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 10,000 Week ago Act: 7,889 Year ago Act: 15,285
No comparison made, Trade active, demand good. Bulk of supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 184.00-197.00; 400-500
lbs 168.00-181.00; 500-600 lbs 152.00-165.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 174.00-187.00; 400-500 lbs 158.00-171.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-155.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 158.00-168.00; 400-500
lbs 148.00-158.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-148.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week
- Meat production strains land and water resources, researchers say
- Children's livestock shows have become about competition, money
- Arby’s creates $10 mega meat sandwich
- Female markets soar during August
- It’s only natural, but what does that mean?
- Food supplement to improve cattle digestive system in the works