Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Oct 25, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 10,000 Week ago Act: 10,776 Year ago Act: 16,030
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady. Trade active,
demand good. Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 184.00-197.00; 400-500
lbs 168.00-181.00; 500-600 lbs 152.00-165.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 174.00-187.00; 400-500 lbs 158.00-171.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-155.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 156.00-166.00; 400-500
lbs 146.00-156.00; 500-600 lbs 136.00-146.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan