Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Nov 08, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 18,500 Week ago Act: 11,976 Year ago Act: 22,827
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings weighing under 400 lbs
1.00-2.00 higher. Steer claves and yearlings weighing over 400 lbs steady.
Heifer steady. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of supply consisted of
steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 186.00-198.00; 400-500
lbs 170.00-181.00; 500-600 lbs 153.00-165.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 176.00-188.00; 400-500 lbs 160.00-171.00; 500-600 lbs 143.00-155.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 157.00-167.00; 400-500
lbs 147.00-157.00; 500-600 lbs 137.00-147.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- California marks warmest winter and spring on record
- Annual Minnesota Nutrition Conference scheduled
- Race for North Dakota's agriculture commissioner is all about oil
- New ZILMAX data being presented
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Purdue agronomist: “Cautiously optimistic” about corn crop