Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Nov 15, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 17,500 Week ago Act: 16,629 Year ago Act: 22,805
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings weighing under 400 lbs
steady to 2.00 higher. Steer calves and yearlings weighing over 400 lbs steady.
Heifer 1.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of supply consisted of
steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 186.00-200.00; 400-500
lbs 170.00-183.00; 500-600 lbs 154.00-165.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 174.00-190.00; 400-500 lbs 158.00-173.00; 500-600 lbs 140.00-155.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 158.00-168.00; 400-500
lbs 148.00-158.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-148.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future