Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Nov 22, 2013
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 22,000 Week ago Act: 18,174 Year ago Act: 18,338
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 3.00 lower.
Heifers 2.00 lower. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good.
Bulk of supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-700 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 186.00-199.00; 400-500
lbs 170.00-182.00; 500-600 lbs 153.00-165.00; 600-700 lbs 142.00-147.00;
Medium and large 2&3, 300-400 lbs 174.00-188.00; 400-500 lbs 158.00-171.00;
500-600 lbs 141.00-155.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 156.00-166.00; 400-500
lbs 146.00-156.00; 500-600 lbs 136.00-146.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land