Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jan 17, 2014
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 13,000 Week ago Act: 7,043 Year ago Act: 21,700
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 3.00-6.00 higher.
Tade active, demand good. Supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers
weighing 300-700 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 190.00-203.00; 400-500
lbs 176.00-186.00; 500-600 lbs 158.00-168.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 178.00-193.00; 400-500 lbs 162.00-176.00; 500-600 lbs 144.00-158.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 163.00-173.00; 400-500
lbs 153.00-163.00; 500-600 lbs 143.00-153.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Natural gas, Henry Hub prices fall
- White House Rural Council to invest $10 billion for job-creation
- Bears made presence felt in the ag markets Thursday afternoon
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- How is antibiotic use going to change under proposals by the FDA
- Commentary: Bashing beef