Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 14,000 Week ago Act: 12,032 Year ago Act: 17,991
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00-7.00 higher.
Heifers steady to 4.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of
Supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 192.00-210.00; 400-500
lbs 176.00-192.00; 500-600 lbs 161.00-174.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 182.00-200.00; 400-500 lbs 166.00-182.00; 500-600 lbs 151.00-164.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 163.00-167.00; 400-500
lbs 153.00-167.00; 500-600 lbs 143.00-157.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- Commentary: Veggie burger vs. dog food
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector