Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 14,000 Week ago Act: 12,032 Year ago Act: 17,991
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00-7.00 higher.
Heifers steady to 4.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of
Supply consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 192.00-210.00; 400-500
lbs 176.00-192.00; 500-600 lbs 161.00-174.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 182.00-200.00; 400-500 lbs 166.00-182.00; 500-600 lbs 151.00-164.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 163.00-167.00; 400-500
lbs 153.00-167.00; 500-600 lbs 143.00-157.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Export markets for US ethanol
Magnum Top Load Spreaders
Nuhn Industries Ltd.