Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 15,000 Week ago Act: 13,708 Year ago Act: 20,743
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings 2.00-5.00 higher.
Heifers steady. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of Supply consisted
of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 198.00-213.00; 400-500
lbs 179.00-195.00; 500-600 lbs 161.00-175.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 185.00-203.00; 400-500 lbs 169.00-185.00; 500-600 lbs 151.00-165.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 165.00-175.00; 400-500
lbs 155.00-165.00; 500-600 lbs 145.00-155.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Fall tillers not free forage
- Corn prices expected higher, could pressure fed cattle bids
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Harvest delays increase odds of yield loss for corn growers
- Learning how calves perform post weaning
- Purdue experts to address changing ag market conditions