Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Feb 7, 2014
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 15,000 Week ago Act: 18,619 Year ago Act: 20,191
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings mostly steady. Heifers
steady to 2.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of Supply consisted
of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 198.00-212.00; 400-500
lbs 182.00-194.00; 500-600 lbs 164.00-176.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 188.00-202.00; 400-500 lbs 171.00-184.00; 500-600 lbs 154.00-166.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 165.00-177.00; 400-500
lbs 155.00-167.00; 500-600 lbs 145.00-157.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future