Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Apr 4, 2014
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 15,500 Week ago Act: 15,197 Year ago Act: 14,091
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings steady to 2.00 higher.
Heifers steady to 2.00 higher. Trade active, demand good. Bulk of Supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 218.00-234.00; 400-500
lbs 200.00-216.00; 500-600 lbs 180.00-196.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 206.00-222.00; 400-500 lbs 188.00-204.00; 500-600 lbs 170.00-184.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 180.00-192.00; 400-500
lbs 170.00-182.00; 500-600 lbs 160.00-172.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Jolley: Five minutes with the mid-terms: What does ag really want
- Beef: It really does do a body good
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- Capital investments, income management for cow-calf enterprise
- Cattle feeding margins down again