Las Cruces, N.M. USDA Market News
Fri Apr 11, 2014
Mexico to TX. & NM. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
Receipts EST: 19,000 Week ago Act: 19,408 Year ago Act: 18,359
Compared to last week, steer calves and yearlings mostly steady. Heifers
steady. Trade moderate to active, demand moderate to good. Bulk of Supply
consisted of steers and spayed heifers weighing 300-600 lbs.
Feeder steers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 218.00-234.00; 400-500
lbs 200.00-216.00; 500-600 lbs 180.00-196.00; Medium and large 2&3, 300-400
lbs 206.00-222.00; 400-500 lbs 188.00-204.00; 500-600 lbs 170.00-184.00.
Feeder heifers: Medium and large 1&2, 300-400 lbs 180.00-192.00; 400-500
lbs 170.00-182.00; 500-600 lbs 160.00-172.00.
(all sales fob port of entry.)
Source: USDA Market News, Las Cruces, NM
John Langenegger,OIC 575 527-6861, 575-649-2962
FAX 575 527-6868 LasCruces.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
Mexico to U.S. Weekly Cattle Import Summary
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week