Friday’s cattle-on-feed report was rather friendly to the feeder market with October 1st inventories near expectations at 97.4 percent of a year ago. Placements possessed the bullish signal as only 81.2 percent were put on feed in September which was well below the average of analysts’ predictions.
Feeder cattle review: Calf markets continue to be very volatile
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future