Friday’s cattle-on-feed report was rather friendly to the feeder market with October 1st inventories near expectations at 97.4 percent of a year ago. Placements possessed the bullish signal as only 81.2 percent were put on feed in September which was well below the average of analysts’ predictions.
Feeder cattle review: Calf markets continue to be very volatile
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- State cattlemen’s groups to USDA: Hands off the checkoff
- Six universities launch animal ag industry climate change website
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector