Friday’s cattle-on-feed report was rather friendly to the feeder market with October 1st inventories near expectations at 97.4 percent of a year ago. Placements possessed the bullish signal as only 81.2 percent were put on feed in September which was well below the average of analysts’ predictions.
Feeder cattle review: Calf markets continue to be very volatile
- Ag markets decidedly mixed in Wednesday night action
- West Coast refineries continue to receive crude via rail
- Minimizing storage and feeding losses of round bale hay
- Indiana looking for livestock grant recipients
- Fall and winter grazing options
- Farm Bureau: EPA must withdraw irregular, biased rulemaking