Compared to last week, yearling feeder cattle sold mostly steady while calf prices were uneven. The 450-650 lb calves on offer this week were mostly unweaned and traded at prices that were steady to weak with weather patterns already starting to become a challenge with wide temperature swings between daytime highs and nighttime lows.
Feeder cattle review: Cost-of-gain plays factor in markets
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
Top Fill Slurry Tanks