Compared to last week, yearling feeder cattle sold mostly steady while calf prices were uneven. The 450-650 lb calves on offer this week were mostly unweaned and traded at prices that were steady to weak with weather patterns already starting to become a challenge with wide temperature swings between daytime highs and nighttime lows.
Feeder cattle review: Cost-of-gain plays factor in markets
- UNL Extension to host Husker Beef Nutrition Conference
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Consider creep feeding calves this year
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Utah State University Extension receives $8.6 million in grants
- Consider investments in efficiency with extra cattle income