Compared to last week, yearling feeder cattle sold mostly steady while calf prices were uneven. The 450-650 lb calves on offer this week were mostly unweaned and traded at prices that were steady to weak with weather patterns already starting to become a challenge with wide temperature swings between daytime highs and nighttime lows.
Feeder cattle review: Cost-of-gain plays factor in markets
- Society for Range Management annual Texas meeting set for Oct.7-9
- Blasingame Chair: Reviewing the past and looking to the future
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Beef Marketing Group created to help producers sell cattle
- Islamic State uses agriculture to tighten grip in Iraq
- Texas A&M Extension offers private pesticide applicator training