Fed cattle sold 1.00-1.50 higher this week from 125.00-125.50 live but only 193.00 on a dressed basis in the Northern feedlot area, which was still 3.00 higher. The higher market was badly needed by cattle feeders with most pens still falling well shy of their breakevens, but rather impressive with carcass weights at an all-time high and fierce competition from cheaper proteins.
Feeder cattle review: Yearling feeders mostly steady to higher
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week