Compared to last week, calves sold unevenly steady and yearling feeders ranged steady to 4.00 higher on light Memorial Day holiday receipts. Most auction markets were closed on Monday and direct trade was slow to develop as the (CME) Chicago Mercantile Exchange was shuttered on Monday and then traded lower until late in the week.
USDA’s Corbitt Wall: Replacement feedlot cattle hard to buy
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future