Compared to last week, calves sold unevenly steady and yearling feeders ranged steady to 4.00 higher on light Memorial Day holiday receipts. Most auction markets were closed on Monday and direct trade was slow to develop as the (CME) Chicago Mercantile Exchange was shuttered on Monday and then traded lower until late in the week.
USDA’s Corbitt Wall: Replacement feedlot cattle hard to buy
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan