Greeley, CO Fri Mar 1, 2013 USDA- CO Dept of Ag Market News
Centennial Livestock Auction - Ft. Collins, CO
Receipts: 166 Last Week: N/A Last Year: 222
Compared to last week: Slaughter cows 1.00 to 3.00 higher, with a limited
test on breaker type cows. Slaughter bulls mostly steady on a very light test
two weeks ago. Feeding cows mostly 1.00 to 3.00 higher. Trading activity was
moderate on good to very good buyer demand, with increased buyer demand for
feeding cows. The supply was comprised of approximately 85 percent slaughter
cows and bulls with the balance feeding cows.
Grade Pct Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breakers 75-80 1245-1785 78.00-83.00 84.00-88.00 73.00-77.50
Boners 80-85 1045-1550 77.50-82.00 85.00-90.00 72.50-76.50
Lean 85-90 975-1435 74.00-79.50 ----- 63.00-72.00
Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Yield Grade 1-2 1313-2400 96.00-100.50 103.50 92.00-93.50
Feeder Cows: Medium and Large 1 Heifers 735-1265 lbs 108.00-115.00;
Heiferettes 1080-1120 lbs 87.50-98.00; Young 1085-1385 lbs 81.00-85.50; Middle
Aged 1310-1380 lbs 83.00-90.50.
Medium and Large 1-2 Heifers 900-1070 lbs 88.00-98.00.
Feeder Bulls: Young 785-1450 lbs 103.00-117.00.
Source: USDA-CO Dept of Ag Market News Service, Greeley, CO
Tess Norvell, 970-353-9750 Greeley.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Centennial Livestock Auction - Ft. Collins CO
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- Rabobank projects substantial growth in Brazil feedlot sector
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Grazing conference to help producers learn to improve land
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain