Greeley, CO Fri Nov 22, 2013 USDA- CO Dept of Ag Market News
Centennial Livestock Auction - Ft. Collins, CO
Receipts: 418 Last Week: 688 Last Year: N/A
Compared to last week: Slaughter cows traded mostly steady. Slaughter bulls
traded 2.00 lower on a very light test. Increased buyer demand was noted for
Young Feeding Cows and Heifers. As a result, feeder cows traded 8.00 to 10.00
higher. Trading activity was active on good buyer demand. The supply was
comprised of approximately 61 percent slaughter cows and bulls and the balance
feeding cows and bulls. Next available report will be Friday, December 6th,
2013 as a result of the Thanksgiving Holliday.
Grade Pct Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breakers 75-80 1340-1770 80.50-85.50 92.00 72.50-78.00
Boners 80-85 1215-1715 78.50-84.50 86.00-88.00 68.00-75.00
Lean 85-90 1000-1385 76.00-81.50 ---- 68.00-74.50
Very Low Dressing 62.00-64.00
Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Yield Grade 1-2 1215-2575 88.00-91.50 ---- 78.00-84.50
Feeder Cows: Medium and Large 1 Heifers 730-853 lbs 133.00-145.00, 860-1320
lbs 118.00-133.00; Heferettes 900-1380 lbs 100.00-119.00; Young 1070-1670 lbs
86.00-97.00; Middle Aged 1161-1428 lbs 81.00-86.50.
Medium and Large 1-2 Heifers 770-1310 lbs 101.00-112.00.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1 Young 625-970 lbs 124.00-132.00.
Holstein Heifers: Large 3 1350 lbs 95.00.
Source: USDA-CO Dept of Ag Market News Service, Greeley, CO
Tess Norvell, 970-353-9750 Greeley.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
Centennial Livestock Auction - Ft. Collins CO
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: Sealed with a handshake
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: From coin flip to cattle empire
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame: No limitations
- Cattle Feeders Hall of Fame:Solidifying her legacy
- Forage Focus: New forage seedings, the window of opportunity
- Ag markets had a bad day Tuesday
- Feeder Cattle Review: Bullish cattle-on-feed report fuels fire
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- High cattle prices, availability of replacement cows persist
- Mid-year inventory shows further declines in cattle numbers
- The fork in the road
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?