Kearney, NE Sat Jan 19, 2013 USDA-NE Dept of Ag Market News
Ericson, NE - Ericson Spalding Livestock Auction
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 01/19/2013
Receipts: 1100 Last Week: 5225 Year Ago: 2900
Special bred heifer and cow auction consisted mostly of black angus, a
few red and char bred to black bulls. A good crowd on hand today with
another warm day in the area. Demand was good for all offerings with
high internet activity. Next Auction January 26th feeders at 10:30.
Cows-Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1: Young 1315-1463 lbs with 95-150
lbs calves $1485-$1525.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1: Heifers 959-1161 $1400-$1625. Young
971-1135 lbs $1140-$1280, 1122-1293 lbs $1460-$1765. Middle aged 1081-
1267 lbs $1060-$1110, 1233-1476 lbs $1200-$1350. Short/Solid 1304-1460
lbs $1135-$1230. Broken Mouth 1174-1448 lbs $875-1157. Late Mix Aged
990-1389 lbs $1140-$1325.
Source: NE Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Kearney, NE
Shareen Dearmont 308-390-5399
24 Hr Recorded Markets 620-369-9311
Ericson/Spalding, NE Livestock Auction Market
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag groups assisting cattle operations affected by tornado
- NOAA: Get ready for a busy hurricane season
- NCBA Op-Ed: ADUFA/AGDUFA reauthorization advances in the House
- Midwest gasoline prices: some relief in sight
- Cow-calf corner: Preparing cattle for severe weather
- Schwieterman: Cattle futures lower, cash trade limited
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- TSCRA works with sale barns to catch Houston cattle thief
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability