Kearney, NE Sat Jan 19, 2013 USDA-NE Dept of Ag Market News
Ericson, NE - Ericson Spalding Livestock Auction
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 01/19/2013
Receipts: 1100 Last Week: 5225 Year Ago: 2900
Special bred heifer and cow auction consisted mostly of black angus, a
few red and char bred to black bulls. A good crowd on hand today with
another warm day in the area. Demand was good for all offerings with
high internet activity. Next Auction January 26th feeders at 10:30.
Cows-Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1: Young 1315-1463 lbs with 95-150
lbs calves $1485-$1525.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1: Heifers 959-1161 $1400-$1625. Young
971-1135 lbs $1140-$1280, 1122-1293 lbs $1460-$1765. Middle aged 1081-
1267 lbs $1060-$1110, 1233-1476 lbs $1200-$1350. Short/Solid 1304-1460
lbs $1135-$1230. Broken Mouth 1174-1448 lbs $875-1157. Late Mix Aged
990-1389 lbs $1140-$1325.
Source: NE Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Kearney, NE
Shareen Dearmont 308-390-5399
24 Hr Recorded Markets 620-369-9311
Ericson/Spalding, NE Livestock Auction Market
- Is there a right to farm?
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- Food Babe visits my university
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future