Frankfort, KY Mon Feb 18, 2013 USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News
Laurel Livestock sales, London Kentucky
(Cattle weighed at time of arrival)
Cattle Receipts: 148 Last week: 313 Last Year: 144
Compared to last week: Feeder steers and heifers 4.00 to 6.00 lower with
light demand. Slaughter cows and bulls steady.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1-2 300-400 lbs 154.00; 400-500 lbs
151.00-158.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-140.00; 600-700 lbs 126.00-133.00; 700-800 lbs
No test; 800-900lbs no test; Medium and Large 2-3: 400-500 lbs 114.00-120.00;
500-600 110.00-115.00; 600-700 105.00-110.00.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1-2 300-400 lbs 140.00-145.00; 400-500
lbs 140.00-150.00; 500-600 lbs 125.00-130.00; 600-700 lbs 120.00-122.00;
700-800 lbs no test; 800-900 lbs no test.
Feeder heifers: Medium and Large 1-2 300-400 lbs 136.00-139.00; 400-500
lbs 129.00-130.00; 500-600 lbs 123.00-125.00; 600-700 lbs 116.00-120.00; 700-
800lbs 114.00; 800-900lbs no test. Medium and Large 2-3: 400-500 lbs 118.00;
500-600 lbs 110.00-115.00; 600-700; 108.00-111.00.
Percent Lean Weight Avg-Dress Hi-Dress Lo-Dress
Breaker 75-80 1100-1500 70.00-72.00
Boner 80-85 1100-1300 75.00
Lean 85-90 1000-1200 66.00-68.00
Light 85-90 800-1000 57.00-62.00
Y.G. Weights Avg-Dress Hi-Dress Low Dress
1-2 1500-2400 95.00-99.00 101.00 85.00-88.00
Stock Cows: Medium and Large cows 18 months-10 years old 4-9 months
bred. 1000.00-1100.00 per hd. Aged: 830.00-915.00 per hd.
Stock Cows and Calves: Medium and Large Cows 3-10 years old with 125-300
lbs calves by side. 1250.00 per pair.
Stock Bulls: no test.
Head Calves: no test.
Source: Travis Gabbard (Market Specialist)
Kentucky Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Frankfort, KY
Travis Gabbard@USDA.gov Phone 606-260-1404
*This report reflects prices of the majority of cattle with a USDA grade, weight
and sex on this sale date. This report does not represent all animals at the
sale on that date.*
London, TX Livestock Auction
- Grain and dairy producers can get commodity marketing update
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices steady, volume heavy this week
- Next Heuermann Lecture to Focus on Importance of Ag Communication
- Steers and lower corn prices boost cattle dressed weights
- Most ag markets ended the week rather poorly
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Heifer selection: It’s not just about phenotype
- Local corn prices dip below $2 in some areas
- Arby's celebrates 50th with Mega Meat Stacks
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation
- NCBA vows to fight USDA plan to create 2nd beef checkoff program
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle markets still strong