New Holland, PA Wed Jan 16, 2013 USDA - Ag Market News
New Holland Sales Stables - New Holland, PA
Auction Report for Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Receipts: 274 Last Sale: 648 Last Year: 214
Compared to last week, dairy cows sold firm with good
demand. Bred heifers sold weak with moderate demand.
Wednesday's supply included 87 fresh milking cows, 5
short-bred cows, 5 springing cows, 32 short-bred heifers,
78 springing heifers, 47 open heifers, and 15 bulls. One
hundred percent of reported supply Holsteins unless
otherwise noted. All sales sold on a per head basis.
Cull Cows: 500.00-1000.00
Springing Cows: (7-9 months bred)
Bred Cows: (4-6 months bred)
Short Bred Cows: (1-3 months)
Supreme: 1700.00 Individual
Short Bred Heifers: (1-3 months):
Bred Heifers: (4-6 months):
Supreme: 1525.00 Individual
Springing Heifers (7-9 months):
Bulls: 600-900 lbs 575.00-875.00. 900-1200 lbs 900.00-1150.00.
1200-1500 lbs 1000.00-1300.00.
Source: USDA Ag Market News, New Holland-Lancaster County, PA
Levi Geyer, OIC / Cell 717-406-7350
John Stacy, Market Reporters/Office 717-354-2391
For all USDA Livestock and Grain market reports:
New Holland, PA Dairy Auction
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation
- University workshops address workforce management issues
- Producers should examine pastures for post-tornado debris
- Ag markets posted a general advance mid-day Wednesday
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- TSCRA works with sale barns to catch Houston cattle thief
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- Drought losses in Oklahoma top $400 million for 2012
- Survey reveals most Americans in favor of COOL