Oklahoma City, OK Mon Jul 22, 2013 USDA-OK Dept of Ag Market News
Oklahoma National Stockyards, Oklahoma City, OK - Open
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 07/15/2013
Estimated Receipts: 8500 Last Monday: 12,261 Yr Ago Monday: 5137
Compared to last week: Feeder steers and steers calves opening
steady, though feeder steers just lightly tested. Feeder heifers and
heifer calves firm. Early supply mainly calves. Last week's healthy
rains across much of the state prompting good demand for calves.
Feeder Steers Medium and Large 1: Calves: 450-500 lbs 171.00-177.00;
lot 500 lbs 185.00; 550-600 lbs 157.00-168.00; 600-650 lbs 148.00-
154.50; 650-700 lbs 139.00-145.75; few 725-760 lbs 140.00-141.50;
Yearlings: few lots 625-640 lbs 160.00-161.50; 675-700 lbs 148.50-
153.50; few 700-800 lbs 144.00-150.50; lot 820 lbs 142.00.
Feeder Heifers Medium and Large 1: Calves: lot 410 lbs 164.00;
few 450-460 lbs 150.50-153.00; 500-560 lbs 144.00-154.00, pkg 515 lbs
thin fleshed 156.50; 535-600 lbs fleshy 138.50-142.00; 600-675 lbs
135.00-140.00; Yearlings: few 600-685 lbs 147.00-149.75.
Source: USDA-Oklahoma Dept of Ag Market News Oklahoma City, OK
Tina Colby/Joe Massey/Cole Snider Telephone (405) 232-5425
Market news recording (405) 636-2691
Oklahoma National Stockyards
- Commentary: A new counter to GMO haters
- FDA plans webinar on antiparasitic resistance
- Commentary: Activists claiming victory
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- 2015 fiscal agriculture exports projected down from 2014
- Feeder Cattle Review: Cattle traded 'unevenly steady' this week
- Meat production strains land and water resources, researchers say
- Children's livestock shows have become about competition, money
- Arby’s creates $10 mega meat sandwich
- Female markets soar during August
- It’s only natural, but what does that mean?
- Food supplement to improve cattle digestive system in the works