Jefferson City, MO Tue Feb 19, 2013 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Palmyra, MO - F and T Livestock Market
Feeder Cattle Auction for 02/18/2013
Receipts: 257 Week Ago: 1237 Year Ago: 1650
Compared to last week, too few feeder steers and heifers for a
market test. Slaughter cows steady. Demand moderate and supply light.
Cows and bulls accounted for 50 percent of the run and feeders
50 percent. In the feeder supply, steers and bulls made up
approximately 30 percent of the run; heifers 70 percent; steers and
heifers over 600 lbs totaled around 30 percent.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1-2 Few Mostly Fleshy 600-650 lbs
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2 Few 400-450 lbs 148.00-149.00.
Medium 1-2 350-400 lbs 150.00-157.00; 500-550 lbs 131.00-136.00;
600-650 lbs 127.00-130.00.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breaking 70-80 77.00-81.75 85.00-86.00 70.75-76.00
Boning 80-85 76.00-81.00 81.50-85.75 71.00-75.50
Lean 85-90 71.75-74.75 63.00-71.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1250-2000 lbs 98.00-108.50,
Low Dressing 94.00-97.00.
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Palmyra, MO
Steve Disselhorst, Market Reporter, 573-751-5618
24 hour recorded report 573-522-9244
Palmyra Livestock Auction MO
No matching related articles at this time.
- YSA members gain insight into agribusiness, retail industries
- Meat industry associations quick to attack the new MCOOL rule
- Team up against bovine respiratory disease
- Oil prices pare losses on U.S. equities turnaround
- Future of food discussion with Agriculture Secretary
- Ag markets diverged prove rather volatile on Thursday
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability