Columbia, SC Tue Mar 5, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
SC Farm Report on Tuesday
Cattle at SC Auctions on Monday: Feeder cattle steady to 5.00 higher. Feeder
steers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 155.00-189.00; 500-600 lbs 144.00-166.00.
Feeder bulls: 400-500 lbs 150.00-179.00; 500-600 lbs 140.00-159.00. Feeder heifers:
400-500 lbs 136.00-166.00; 500-600 lbs 118.00-143.00. Slaughter cows and bulls steady
to 5.00 higher. Breakers 75-80% lean 81.00-90.50; Boners 80-85% lean 79.00-90.00;
Lean 85-90% lean 73.00-82.50. Cow/Calf Pairs: Small and Medium 1-2 550-865 lbs young
to middle age cows with 125-290 lbs calves 770.00-1030.00.00 per pair.
Hogs on Monday. Plant delivered weighted average. National direct Barrows & Gilts
US 1 50-54% lean 240-300 lbs 57.59, down 0.48. Sows live price 300-450 lbs 54.66,
450-500 lbs 59.33, 500-550 lbs 60.18.
SC Grain on Tuesday. Corn was mixed; 14 cents lower to 9 cents higher, processor
bids 7.97-8.12. Soybeans were mixed; 24 cents lower to 5 cents higher, elevator bids
13.76-14.77, processor bid 15.16. New crop Wheat was mixed; 1 lower to 5 cents
higher, elevator bids 5.72-6.91.
Cotton on Tuesday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 grade was at 83.98, up 0.72.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State Farmers Market
on Tuesday. Cabbage 50 lb sacks Green type 8.00; Greens dz bchs Collards/ Mustard/
Turnips 15.00, Rutabagas 16.00; Onions, Green 2 dz bnchs Med 10.00; Pecans per lb
Stuarts 1.75-3.00, Cracked Stuarts 3.00, Shelled 8.00; Squash 1 1/9 buctns Butternut
Lge 25.00, Acorn Med 16.00. OUT OF STATE PRODUCE: Apples buctns Red/Gold/ Rome 20.00-
22.00, Mutzu/Granny Smith 22.00; Beans bucrts Snap type 26.00-27.00, KY/Cranberry type
28.00; Corn 4 dz crts Bi-color/ Yellow 18.00; Eggplant 1 1/9 buctns 24s MX 18.00; Okra
1/2 buctns Sml-Med MX 30.00; Peppers, Bell 1 1/9 buctns Green type choice 12.00;
Squash 1/2 buctns Zucchini Sml 28.00, 3/4 buctns Crookneck Sml 20.00; Tomatoes 25 lb
ctns 25 lb ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Lgr 14.00-15.00; Citrus: Grapefruit 4/5
buctns Red type 40ct 16.00; Oranges 25 lb ctn Pineapple type 15.00.
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or www.agriculture.sc.gov/
Or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
No matching related articles at this time.
- Winning bid for Northern Beef almost four times minimum bid
- Make adjustments to care for cattle as temperatures drop
- Feeding a growing world population starts from the ground up
- Livestock futures led the ag markets lower Thursday
- Rural TV becomes home of Superior Livestock Auction
- Precision production on cattle operations
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- Resource guide assists military veterans interested in farming
- Bale grazing popularity continues to grow
- Initial bid submitted for S.D. beef facility