St. Joseph, MO Mon Apr 29, 2013 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Open for 04/29/2013
Compared to last week, slaughter cows and bulls opened steady to 1.00 lower.
Slaughter steers and heifers were not tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 72.00-74.00 up to 77.00 70.00-73.00
Boning 80-85 71.00-75.00 75.00-77.00 70.00-72.00
Lean 85-90 65.00-70.00 70.00-73.50 47.00-60.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1560-2295 lbs 92.00-96.00, high dressing
97.00-98.00, low dressing 88.00-91.00.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Corbitt Wall, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- U.S. cattle industry grapples with quality versus quantity
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- Feeder Cattle Review: Yearling feeder prices uneven
- BVD: Exploring eradication
- Grain and dairy producers can get commodity marketing update
- Cattle Outlook: Fed cattle prices steady, volume heavy this week
- Eating certain fats might offset some heart risk from weight gain
- Should consumers insist on "antibiotic free" meat?
- Drought conditions improve in parts of U.S.
- Steers and lower corn prices boost cattle dressed weights
- NCBA vows to fight USDA plan to create 2nd beef checkoff program
- In the Cattle Markets: Northern Plains calf marketing situation