St. Joseph, MO Mon Apr 29, 2013 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Open for 04/29/2013
Compared to last week, slaughter cows and bulls opened steady to 1.00 lower.
Slaughter steers and heifers were not tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 72.00-74.00 up to 77.00 70.00-73.00
Boning 80-85 71.00-75.00 75.00-77.00 70.00-72.00
Lean 85-90 65.00-70.00 70.00-73.50 47.00-60.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1560-2295 lbs 92.00-96.00, high dressing
97.00-98.00, low dressing 88.00-91.00.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Corbitt Wall, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- Commentary: Smoking or meat-eating?
- Feeder cattle review: Weather, light receipts limit market action
- Control weeds now for better pastures this summer
- Cattle Outlook: Boxed beef prices advance, fed prices retract
- Using the “Nebraska advantage” to grow the livestock industry
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan