Torrington, WY Fri Jan 25, 2013 USDA- WY Dept of Ag Market News
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 01/25/2013
Torrington Livestock Commission Co.
Receipts: 530 Week Ago: 575 Year Ago: 775
Compared to last Friday: Slaughter Cows steady to 2.00 higher; Feeder Cows
steady; Slaughter Bulls 1.00-2.00 higher. Demand good. Slaughter cows and bulls
accounted for approximately 65 percent of the run; feeder cows 20 percent,
and 15 percent feeder cattle.
Pct Lean Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breakers 75-80 1300-1850 72.00-79.50 82.50
Boners 80-85 950-1600 73.00-79.50 81.50-83.00 66.00-72.50
Lean 85-90 850-1350 67.00-73.00 74.00-75.00 63.00-65.50
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2: 1250-2000 lb 92.00-96.50; high dressing
99.00, low dressing 80.50-85.50. Return to feed 85.00-94.50, thin 77.00-84.00.
Feeder Cows: Medium-Large 1: Heifers 750-950 lb 116.00-125.00; Heiferettes
750-1050 lb 94.00-106.00; Young 850-1250 lb 77.00-89.00; Aged to Middle Aged
Average to fleshy condition 1000-1350 lb 72.50-77.00; thin 825-1300 lb 64.00-
Source: USDA- WY Dept of Ag Market News Service, Torrington, WY
(307)532-4146 24 Hour recorded market information 307-532-7200
Office e-mail: TorringtonWy-LPSMNLS@ams.usda.gov
Torrington Livestock Auction WY
No matching related articles at this time.
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade
- The relationship between retail gasoline prices and futures prices
- What sick day? Farmers take just three a year