Salt Lake City, UT April 6, 2012, USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,150. Last Week: 2,175. Year Ago: 2,050.
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers were 5.00-6.00 lower live and 8.00-
9.00 lower on a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,200 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 121.00-122.00. Dressed
Basis Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 192.00-194.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 950 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 120.00-122.00. Dressed
Basis Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 191.00-194.00.
Source: USDA-UT Dept of Ag Market News, Salt Lake City, Ut.
Phone (435-230-0402. )
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
No matching related articles at this time.
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Cornell genetic testing process cuts cost by up to 75 percent
- Angus Foundation receives $28,500 from “The Card Challenge”
- Commentary: In praise of animal foods
- 100K Pathogen Genome Project maps first genomes
- Beef exports depend on quality reputation
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- Survey reveals most Americans in favor of COOL
- Corn planting pace turns from record slow to record fast
- U.S. cattle placements rise in April as feed costs subside