Durum and other spring wheat production is projected at 619 million bushels, down 14 percent from 2010/11, based on 10-year harvested-to-planted ratios and State yield trends for 1985-2008. A return to trend yields from the record levels of the previous two years is expected to reduce both other spring and durum production. Other spring wheat production is projected to be 540 million bushels, down 12 percent from 2010. Total durum wheat production is projected at 79 million bushels for 2011, down 26 percent from 2010.
Domestic wheat situation and outlook: Projected 2011 spring production
- New school lunch beef recipes win approval from kids, foodservice
- Prices for corn and soybeans, five years from now
- The relationship between retail gasoline prices and futures prices
- Drier weather to give big boost to U.S. corn plantings
- Domestic ethanol production starts to grow again
- Agriculture is expected to remain strong in the coming decade