Minneapolis, MN Tue, Oct 22, 2013 USDA Market News
Minnesota Feedstuffs - Prices for the week ending Tuesday, October 22, 2013
**All prices are quoted per ton, unless otherwise noted.**
**THERE ARE NO PRICE COMPARISONS AS THE LAST REPORT WAS TUE, SEP 24, 2013**
Feed ingredient prices this past month were mostly lower.
The December Soybean Meal futures at 416.10; January closed at 409.60. The
December Soybean Oil futures closed at 41.52 cents per pound; January closed at
41.83 cents per pound. The high protein Soybean Meal in Minnesota ranged 408.10-
421.10; the basis was 8.00 under to 5.00 over the October futures. Linseed
Meal, 34 pct protein had limited offers at 385.00 in North Dakota-Minnesota
areas; supplies were extremely limited. Sunflower Meal, 13 pct fiber, 34 pct
protein ranged 230.00-240.00 in the North Dakota-Minnesota area. Soybean Oil in
Minnesota ranged 40.02-40.77 cents per pound; the basis ranged 75-150 points
under the December futures.
Meat and Bone Meal, 50 pct protein was ranged 360.00-410.00 for ruminant;
Pork ranged 450.00-460.00. Yellow Grease ranged 26.25-28.00 cents per pound.
Choice White Grease ranged 28.50-30.00 cents per pound. Feather Meal ranged
510.00-580.00. Blood Meal was 1150.00 instance 1210.00; Pork was 1200.00.
Wheat Middlings ranged 155.00-180.00. The Sacked Bran was 16.00 cwt.
Prices bulk per ton, in carlots. Animal proteins are delivered Mpls. FOB Mpls
and selected markets as of: Oct 22, 2013
This Week Sep 24, 2013 Last Year
Soybean Meal, 46.5 pct 408.10-421.10 434.10-439.10 471.20-479.20
Linseed Meal, 34 pct Ltd 385.00 No Quote 335.00-340.00
Sunflower Meal, 34 pct protein MN/NDAKOTA
13 pct fiber 230.00-240.00 220.00-230.00 280.00
Soybean Crude Oil, MN
Cents per pound 40.02-40.77 40.84-41.59 49.57-50.32
Meat and Bone Meal, 50 pct 360.00-410.00 440.00-475.00 465.00-490.00
Feather Meal, 80 pct 575.00-580.00 650.00-675.00 610.00-750.00
cents per pound 26.25-28.00 35.00-38.00 34.50-37.00
Choice White Grease,
cents per pound 28.50-30.00 40.50-42.00 38.75-39.00
Wheat Middlings 155.00-180.00 165.00-185.00 225.00-235.00
Source: USDA Market News Service, Minneapolis, MN
Carol Meinders 612-370-3258 Minneapolis.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 hour recorded market information 612-370-3260
Minneapolis Weekly Feedstuffs Report
- Monday Market Sentiment: Cash trade remains steady to lower
- AMI Opposes New OSHA Proposal to Require Electronic Submission
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Canada, South Korea conclude long-delayed free trade deal
- What is a bull worth?
- Are the bulls ready for the spring breeding season?
- Implementation of 2014 Farm Bill allows farmers time for choices
- Research shows cows aren’t crying wolf
- Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
- Repurposing and salvage value on cattle operations
- Global diets becoming more standardized
- Cattle prices, exports increase, imports forecast remains steady
Caterpillar D Series Skid Steer and Compact Track Loaders