Sioux Falls, SD Tue Jan 22, 2013 USDA Dept of Ag Market News
Rock Valley Hay Auction for Monday, Jan 21, 2013
All prices dollars per ton, except where noted.
All sales FOB Rock Valley, Iowa, vicinity.
Receipts: 32 loads
One load Small Squares equals approximately 5 tons;
Large Squares and Large Rounds range from 10-25 tons per load.
Alfalfa: Premium: Large Rounds, 1 load 255.00-270.00. Good: Large
Squares, 1 load 210.00; Large Rounds, 1 load 200.00.
Grass: Premium: Large Squares, 1 load 185.00; Large Rounds, 2 loads
190.00-205.00. Good: Large Rounds, 11 loads 145.00-165.00. Fair: Large
Squares, 1 load 100.00; Large Rounds, 2 loads 130.00-135.00.
Mixed Alfalfa/Grass: Good: Large Rounds, 1 load 170.00.
Oat Hay: Good, Large Rounds, 1 load 165.00.
Cornstalks: Large Rounds, 4 loads 75.00-85.00.
Wheat Straw: Large Squares, 4 loads 80.00-105.00.
Alfalfa guidelines (domestic livestock use and not more than 10 pct grass)
Quality ADF NDF RFV TDN-100 pct TDN-90 pct CP
Supreme <27 <34 >185 >62 >55.9 >22
Premium 27-29 34-36 170-185 60.5-62 54.5-55.9 20-22
Good 29-32 36-40 150-170 58-60 52.5-54.5 18-20
Fair 32-35 40-44 130-150 56-58 50.5-52.5 16-18
Utility >35 >44 <130 <56 <50.5 <16
RFV calculated using the WI/MN formula. TDN calculated using the
western formula. Quantitative factors are approximate and many factors
can affect feeding value. Values based on 100 pct dry matter.
Quantitative factors are approximate, and many factors can affect
feeding value. Values based on 100 pct dry matter. End usage may
influence hay price or value more than testing results.
Grass Hay guidelines
Quality Crude Protein Percent
Premium Over 13
Utility Under 5
Source: USDA-IA Dept of Ag Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Jodee Inman, 515-284-4460 Desm.email@example.com
Rock Valley Hay Auction
No matching related articles at this time.
- Livestock marketing: Beef demand holding up in the holiday season
- EPA’s proposed rule to reduce the Renewable Fuel Standard
- NCBA announces speaker lineup for 2014 convention
- Cow-calf corner: Hay feeding for winter-stressed cattle
- AVC names Sjeklocha Consultant of the Year
- KLA speakers predicting a golden age for Kansas ranchers in 2014
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- NCBA Op-Ed: EPA’s regulatory overreach
- Changes to pipeline infrastructure to relieve Cushing bottleneck
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- New debate expected on immigrant workers in Mississippi