Sioux Falls, SD Fri Jan 25, 2013 USDA Dept of Ag Market News
Rock Valley Hay Auction for Thursday, January 24, 2013
All prices dollars per ton, except where noted.
All sales FOB Rock Valley, Iowa, vicinity.
Receipts: 69 loads
One load Small Squares equals approximately 5 tons;
Large Squares and Large Rounds range from 10-25 tons per load.
Alfalfa: Large Rounds, 14 loads 260.00-295.00. Good: Large Rounds,
4 loads 235.00-255.00. Utility: Large rounds, 1 load damaged 55.00.
Grass: Premium: Small Squares, 1 load 205.00; Large Squares,
2 loads 220.00-225.00; Large Rounds, 9 loads 180.00-210.00. Good:
Large Rounds, 13 loads 150.00-175.00. Fair: Large Rounds, 2 loads
Mixed Hay: Premium: Large Squares, 1 load 235.00; Large Rounds, 3
loads 240.00-275.00. Fair: Large Rounds, 2 loads 170.00-205.00.
Cornstalks: Large Rounds, 15 loads 82.50-90.00.
Wheat Straw: Large Squares, 4 loads 105.00-125.00.
Alfalfa guidelines (domestic livestock use and not more than 10 pct grass)
Quality ADF NDF RFV TDN-100 pct TDN-90 pct CP
Supreme <27 <34 >185 >62 >55.9 >22
Premium 27-29 34-36 170-185 60.5-62 54.5-55.9 20-22
Good 29-32 36-40 150-170 58-60 52.5-54.5 18-20
Fair 32-35 40-44 130-150 56-58 50.5-52.5 16-18
Utility >35 >44 <130 <56 <50.5 <16
RFV calculated using the WI/MN formula. TDN calculated using the
western formula. Quantitative factors are approximate and many factors
can affect feeding value. Values based on 100 pct dry matter.
Quantitative factors are approximate, and many factors can affect
feeding value. Values based on 100 pct dry matter. End usage may
influence hay price or value more than testing results.
Grass Hay guidelines
Quality Crude Protein Percent
Premium Over 13
Utility Under 5
Source: USDA-IA Dept of Ag Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Jodee Inman, 515-284-4460 Desm.email@example.com
Rock Valley Hay Auction
No matching related articles at this time.
- Feeding a growing world population starts from the ground up
- Cattle Market: Cattle prices stay hot as colder weather moves in
- Weekly beef export shipments fall near 10-week low
- Cold snap and ice threaten U.S. wheat, livestock, logistics
- Schwieterman: Cattle futures modestly higher Wednesday
- Exports: Corn sales still sliding
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Bale grazing popularity continues to grow
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- Resource guide assists military veterans interested in farming
- Thursday's auction offers fresh start for S.D. beef plant