Des Moines, IA Fri Feb 15, 2013 USDA Dept of Ag Market News
Rock Valley Hay Auction for Thursday, February 14, 2013
All prices dollars per ton, except where noted.
All sales FOB Rock Valley, Iowa, vicinity.
Receipts: 74 loads
One load Small Squares equals approximately 5 tons;
Large Squares and Large Rounds range from 10-25 tons per load.
Alfalfa: Supreme: Small Squares, 1 load 270.00; Large Squares,
3 loads 270.00; Large Rounds, 6 loads 280.00-310.00. Premium: Small
Squares, 3 loads 235.00-265.00; Large Squares, 2 loads 220.00-240.00;
Large Rounds, 8 loads 240.00-270.00. Fair: Large Rounds, 1 load 162.50.
Grass: Premium: Small Squares, 1 load 250.00; Large Rounds, 7 loads
215.00-250.00; Good: Large Rounds, 17 loads 170.00-205.00; Utility: Large
Squares, 1 load 77.50; Large Rounds, 2 loads 85.00-90.00.
Mixed Hay: Premium: Small Squares, 1 load 230.00; Large Squares,
1 load 220.00; Large Rounds, 2 loads 260.00-280.00. Good: Large Rounds,
1 load 195.00.
Cornstalks: Large Squares, 2 loads 80.00-122.50; Large Rounds, 12 loads
Wheat Straw: Large Squares, 3 loads 115.00-135.00.
Alfalfa guidelines (domestic livestock use and not more than 10 pct grass)
Quality ADF NDF RFV TDN-100 pct TDN-90 pct CP
Supreme <27 <34 >185 >62 >55.9 >22
Premium 27-29 34-36 170-185 60.5-62 54.5-55.9 20-22
Good 29-32 36-40 150-170 58-60 52.5-54.5 18-20
Fair 32-35 40-44 130-150 56-58 50.5-52.5 16-18
Utility >35 >44 <130 <56 <50.5 <16
RFV calculated using the WI/MN formula. TDN calculated using the
western formula. Quantitative factors are approximate and many factors
can affect feeding value. Values based on 100 pct dry matter.
Quantitative factors are approximate, and many factors can affect
feeding value. Values based on 100 pct dry matter. End usage may
influence hay price or value more than testing results.
Grass Hay guidelines
Quality Crude Protein Percent
Premium Over 13
Utility Under 5
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Ami Rayer, 515-284-4460 Desm.firstname.lastname@example.org
24 hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
Rock Valley Hay Auction
No matching related articles at this time.
- YSA members gain insight into agribusiness, retail industries
- Meat industry associations quick to attack the new MCOOL rule
- Team up against bovine respiratory disease
- Oil prices pare losses on U.S. equities turnaround
- Future of food discussion with Agriculture Secretary
- Ag markets diverged prove rather volatile on Thursday
- Former Eastern Livestock CEO, CFO sentenced for federal crimes
- Post-tornado composting a solution for disposal of dead livestock
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- More beef cows in worst drought regions than a year ago
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability