Cheramie Viator consults with Silver Spur Ranches and other large operations in their genetic-selection process. At the Beef Improvement Federation conference, she discusses the importance of physical soundness, reproduction traits and longevity in selecting heifers for herd expansion.
- Cause of California drought linked to climate change
- Sorting cows for more efficient winter supplemental feeding
- The new GMO concern: Superweeds
- Hay quality and supplemental feeding for cattle
- Not so fast on plans to import beef from Brazil, Argentina
- Beef pricing worksheet for producers considering direct marketing