Relaxed restrictions for beef exports to Japan
Find out why the recent expansion of U.S. Beef imports to Japan will not likely be the money maker Louisiana cow/calf producers were hoping for. FULL STORY »
Feeder cattle review: Red ink floods the market this week
Compared to last week, feeder cattle and calves sold 5.00-8.00 lower with many instances fully 10.00 lower on all classes and as much as 15.00 lower on lightweight stocker calves. FULL STORY »
Creative beef cutting
As beef-carcass weights get heavier, processors need to change the way they fabricate some cuts to provide appropriate portion sizes while retaining palatability and preferred cooking methods. FULL STORY »
GrainTV: Corn hits longest cold streak in five years
Tune in to GrainTV to see Brock and Logan discuss soybeans and corn export sales. FULL STORY »
NCBA accomplishments and challenges
At the Cattle Industry Convention in Tampa, outgoing NCBA president J.D. Alexander discusses the organization’s achievements over the past year and his plans for the future. FULL STORY »
Outlook from Rabobank: Decline in Mexican cattle supplies
Rabo AgriFiance relationship manager Mathew McKamey describes the company’s business and market researcher Don Close summarizes a new report showing a significant decline in Mexican beef herds, resulting in fewer feeder cattle available for import to the United States. FULL STORY »
- NCBA program and New Holland to answer producer questions
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Farmland values: Not falling but not accelerating as fast
- U.S. food labels seen heating up North America meat war
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- USMEF board meeting kicks off Wednesday in D.C.
- Michigan hay buyers should plan purchases early
- New animal identification rules aid disease traceability
- U.S. cattle placements rise in April as feed costs subside
- Corn planting pace turns from record slow to record fast
- Ag markets were mixed to start the new week
- Corn and soybean prices continue to retrace 2012 drought rally
- Tyson selects panel to monitor animal welfare program
- BeefTalk: How do we get the next generation to raise beef?
- Meat and climate change: How significant is the impact?
- 2014 Farm Bill: Are we near an agreement?
- Farm bill and immigration reform action needed
- Boxed beef hits record highs, cattle weak to lower