Megasphaera elsdenii is an anaerobic bacteria that metabolizes lactic acid in the rumen of beef and dairy cattle reducing the risk of acidosis and other digestive problems. Kevin Miller, PhD, director of technical services for MSBiotech, discusses how Lactipro, the company’s M. elsdenii product, fits in feedlot and dairy health programs.
- BIVI again sponsors free BQA certification
- Colorado State Fair livestock entries effected by virus outbreak
- Ag markets are generally mixed in early Friday trading
- Update on vesicular stomatitis
- USDA food safety quarterly report involves three criminal cases
- Beef Talk: Water conditions are inconsistent, troublesome