During the recent Animal Disease Traceability Forum in Denver, Glenn Fischer with Allflex USA outlined some key points of discussion. The ADT system allows individual states to set some of their standards for cattle shipped in, and Fischer says participants seemed to favor a regional approach toward harmonizing state ADT policies, with states negotiating agreements with other nearby states with similar production and marketing systems.
A flexible, regional animal traceability system
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- U.S. beef imports strengthen in 2012
- Bale grazing popularity continues to grow
- Burger King profit boosted by cost cuts, new food
- Resource guide assists military veterans interested in farming
- Thursday's auction offers fresh start for S.D. beef plant